This Week

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Enchanted Bow Skirt!! by jenib320
Enchanted Bow Skirt!!, a photo by jenib320 on Flickr.
Look what I made today! When Karyn posted her awesome skirt tutorial yesterday, the Enchanted Bow Skirt, using 1001 Peeps, I knew I had to make one! I just so happened to have 2 yards of the Royal City print and a half yard of the brown Pearl Bracelet print. Perfect! I am SO pleased with how it turned out! Everything went right, haha! I even learned two great skills; how to do shirring, and a better way to hem. I highly recommend you check this pattern out! I think I'll make another using the dark gray Habitat dot!

Enchanted Bow Skirt!! by jenib320
Enchanted Palace Skirt!!, a photo by jenib320 on Flickr.
Isn't the bow the sweetest part?! I cannot wait to show this skirt off! IT HAS PALACES ON IT! :)

Sneak Peak! by jenib320
Sneak Peak!, a photo by jenib320 on Flickr.
Finished up my duffle bag for Travel Handmade today! Tune in this week (the fun starts Monday!) for the full reveal and pattern review (Simplicity 2274)! :)

Grocery Bag Holder by jenib320
Grocery Bag Holder, a photo by jenib320 on Flickr.
It was time to replace my old grocery bag holder with a shiny new one. It needed to be a little bigger and definitely patchworky! I used scraps leftover from a layer cake of Dream On and used basic measurements from this tutorial.

Something New by jenib320
Something New, a photo by jenib320 on Flickr.
Started a new quilt a few nights back! I'm making the Modern Crosses quilt from Modern Log Cabin Quilting. However, instead of using a neutral for the background of each cross, I'm doing it reversed with the neutral as the cross! And, using vintage sheets! :)

Vintage Pillowcases by jenib320
Vintage Pillowcases, a photo by jenib320 on Flickr.
Found a ton of vintage pillowcases this week! A little birdy told me that you might need one for a fun tutorial that's part of Travel Handmade! Just sayin' ;)

Sunflower by jenib320
Sunflower, a photo by jenib320 on Flickr.
Splurged on some Sunflowers this week, they're just so happy!

George by jenib320
George, a photo by jenib320 on Flickr.
George! He was helping with the laundry, hehe!

Today I love the..
Smell of: Pumpkin candle
Sound of: Harry Potter 3 audiobook
Taste of: Yellow cake + chocolate frosting
Sight of: Finished projects
Feel of: Cool air

Good Things about Today:
- Finished my duffle bag!
- Started and finished my skirt!
- Stopped at the quilt shop :)
- Yummy noodles for dinner.
- Weather is finally cooling down.

24 comments :

  1. OK. that skirt is crazy adorable!!!! i love it in that fabric so much. you totally made my day, jeni!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh, very, very cute. I have been thinking of making a version of AMH's Museum Tunic and just bought elastic thread for the shirring on Friday -- if I'm successful, it will be a brand new skill for me too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE! and your travel bag looks sweet action! Also, I can't get over your bunny. YOU ARE TOOO good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you thank you thank you. I have a quilt top that I made out of Dream On, but couldn't remember the name of the fabric line. Thanks to you and can now hunt down some more to re-stock my stash. I love it.

    Love your skirt, and love the pictures of George.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Jeni, I'm kind of addicted to your blog... ;o) your posts are always an inspiration and the skirt and bag are absolutely gorgeous (I'll definitely try to make a skirt for myself)! Love reading about your projects (and cute George), you're so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your skirt is lovely! You sure were busy! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yellow cake and chocolate frosting? Yes, please ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope when I DO learn to sew...I can sew as quickly as you my sweet friend! On that note, I upgraded my Flickr to Pro so I can post the progress of my sweet sewing studio...the dear boyfriend just went to get "one last tube of white caulk" so I can finish the prep work and put the Color on the walls, hehe !
    George baby has adjusted well, huh? He looks content :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sigh. I love everything you make. You're so inspiring! And wow, I would love to go vintage sheet shopping with you sometime. You always find so much!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking good! That skirt is just darling on you! Btw I'm still listening to Harry Potter books non stop I think I'm halfway through the third in maybe 4 or 5 days. Late sewing win!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the skirt..well actually i reaaly like other things you made as well;) i think i should learn how to sew;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the duffle bag and the grocery bag holder is very bright and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The skirt is fabulous! Like you said, how could you not love a skirt with palaces on it - and pearl bracelets! I think it will be great in Habitat too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The skirt looks great and so does that bag!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness! You are one busy girl these days! I wish I had this kind of time. (Or even just a day without kid around!) :) Love the skirt. I'm not sure I could pull it off, but it makes me want to try. The fabric looks great and is really a "just you" kind of skirt. I can't wait to see the log cabin cross quilt done! That one will be so awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your skirt is amazing! I can't wait to make my own version.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Adorable skirt!!! I really want one after seeing yours!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your skirt is awesome!!!! I love it!! Also love the bag, I have that pattern and I'm curious to read your review of it. Looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. what a great assortment of projects!!! love the skirt, isn't shirring fun?! and the grocery bag - yeah, I've been meaning to make one forever, ha! yours is beautiful. and can't wait to see more of the bag!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Jeni I love your blog... you always inspire me...Love, Love, Love all the projects you share with us. I am also working on the Modern Crosses quilt, it's going to be a Christmas
    gift for my son, I am using blue & green prints it is looking very good so far : )

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, that skirt! It's so cute. And your new duffel is adorable! I'm about to start the pattern, and am anxious to hear your review. It's so nice of George to help with the chores. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gah, so much good stuff going on this week! Your duffel bag is very inspiring. I have one in the works. And, I'm glad to see you start another vintage sheet quilt. I loved getting that flashback to your Sparkling Cider quilt in today's post. It's one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  23. OMG! don't know which is cuter - the skirt or the bag!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your dwarf baby is beautiful! I have a dwarf hotot that I frequently post in my blog. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for keeping this blog a positive place, I appreciate the time you are taking to leave a comment! I will answer any questions here in the comments section.

All comments are moderated to filter out spam. Your comment will appear after it has been approved.