Catch up!

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Infinity Scarf by jenib320
Infinity Scarf, a photo by jenib320 on Flickr.
It's been a busy week, between the holiday weekend, finishing up the quilt along and taking a little road trip to visit my Aunt! Now that I'm back home, it's time for a proper post! :)

When we picked up this beautiful Nani Iro double gauze earlier this week, I knew it had to become a scarf. I love the way my first Infinity scarf using Folksy Flannels turned out, so I went ahead and made this one the same way! I used Anna Maria Horner's Figuring 8 scarf method with a few differences. I used 1 yard of 44" wide cotton, cutting four 9" strips instead of 18" strips. I simply cut off the selvedges and sewed it as she does. It ends up a little longer and obviously skinnier, but if you wrap it around your neck 3 times, it looks just as full as hers! I am in love with this one, it's lightweight, and the fabric itself is a piece of art!

Skirt! by jenib320
Skirt!, a photo by jenib320 on Flickr.
I finally finished the sewing portion of my new skirt made using Anna's tutorial last night! I had a little trouble with it originally because I used regular 1/2" elastic. It made the back look and fit really weird! So I picked up some no-roll 1" elastic, and it was MUCH better! I think that there is still a little too much fabric in the back for my fit, but that's alright, it fits! Now I have to finish cutting out the stencils! :)

Table Runner by jenib320
Table Runner, a photo by jenib320 on Flickr.
I finished up the Bear Claw table runner in time to gift it to my Aunt this week. Two of the blocks were made by my Grandmother! We made up a third to give it a bit more length and then bought some coordinating prints to help tie it all together. I'm really happy with the way it turned out!

Today's Haul by jenib320
Today's Haul, a photo by jenib320 on Flickr.
We stopped at a sweet shop in Columbus called Sew to Speak! Hands down the coolest quilt shop I've ever been in. Super cutely decorated and literally ALL modern fabrics! Can't wait to go back next time we're down visiting!

Charm Squares by jenib320
Charm Squares, a photo by jenib320 on Flickr.
Clearing up the vintage sheet scraps! Scrap packs will be back in the shop tomorrow!

Thrifted by jenib320
Thrifted, a photo by jenib320 on Flickr.
I was so happy to snatch up these vintage blue Ball mason jars last week for $1 each! I never see the blue ones!

Best Snack Ever by jenib320
Best Snack Ever, a photo by jenib320 on Flickr.
I love wild black raspberries more than any other food in the world. Over July 4th weekend, I picked a gallon of them! Since I couldn't possibly eat them all before they spoiled, I made most of them into freezer jam. It was ready to eat today and ohhhhhh boy! It is really, really good!

George by jenib320
George, a photo by jenib320 on Flickr.
George baby has been super sweet lately! He jumps around happily every morning after I put him in his play area! I forgot to mention earlier in the week that I did a post over on his blog talking about how I take care of him and where he lives! You can check it out here if you're interested!

Wow, I was chatty this evening! Can you tell I'm lonely? Michael (the boyfriend!) has been away for 3 weeks visiting family and won't be back still for another week! It's been weird, thank goodness George has been here to keep me company! :)

Today I love the..
Smell of: Lilac candle
Sound of: Harry Potter 2
Taste of: Wild Black Raspberry Jam
Sight of: George
Feel of: Cool apartment

Good Things about Today:
- One of my great friends, Amanda opened an etsy shop!!
- Went to a candy warehouse today!
- Finished my scarf today!
- Tater Tot Casserole!
- Kisses from George bunny!

10 comments :

  1. i'm dying to go to Sew To Speak! that's "molly flanders" quilt shop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that your bear paw/claw has a couple of blocks made by your grandmother & you finished it up! Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmm...that waffle looks scrumptious! we used to live in washington and i loved picking berries wild. nothing like that here in colorado. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Bear Claws and your grandmother's "Stamp" on it:)

    It's definitely hard not having that special someone around aka boyfriend/hubby(in my case),but when they return there is so much to talk about!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been wanting to make a trip down to Sew To Speak, but I always seem to go to Columbus on a Sunday (to visit my dad's church).


    Also wanted to say that my daughter LOVES to look at your blog....because she LOVES George :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I especially love the scarf and skirt -- are you going to add the catherineholm inspired stenciling?

    ReplyDelete
  7. dang you have good finds! $1 ea for the Blue Ball jars...LUCKY!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the scarf! You'll have to put it on when we chat next. We see the blue jars around here frequently enough, I really like their color. I really love the table runner, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of prettiness here! Your scarf is so great, looks so soft and cozy. I live those blue jars, I have several of them around the house. The perfect shade of blue!

    ReplyDelete
  10. really cute stuff jeni (as always). :) and i hope you like the skirt when you finish, sorry about the back not being the way you like...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for keeping this blog a positive place, I appreciate the time you are taking to leave a comment! I will answer any questions here in the comments section.

All comments are moderated to filter out spam. Your comment will appear after it has been approved.